L6 – L15 + Pension contribution
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated leader to take our Good Therapeutic School on the next step of our journey towards Outstanding. If you have passion and drive to make an exceptional difference for children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties this could be the role for you!
This is a uniquely rewarding opportunity for an experienced Deputy Headteacher or SENCO looking for a new challenge within the specialist therapeutic community.
If you have…
• Experience leading in a specialist education setting
• Experience of working psychodynamically, integrating a therapeutic model within teaching & learning
• Experience of leading staff to work with young people who have experienced complex trauma or other social, emotional and mental health difficulties
• A passion for wanting to make a meaningful difference in helping young people to achieve true independence
…then you could be the Headteacher we are looking for!
As a highly motivated school leader you will have a knowledge of the impact insecure attachment and developmental trauma has on learning and development.
You will be confident in implementing interventions to enable all children to flourish and achieve regardless of their starting points.
This role is both challenging and rewarding, taking a key strategic role within our therapeutic community to meet the needs of some of the most vulnerable young people in the country.
This role will require you to lead from the front, demonstrating hard work and perseverance, supporting the school team to deliver high quality, nurturing learning experiences for our children.
We can offer you…….
• An enthusiastic and supportive management and staff team
• A fully accredited Therapeutic Community environment where staff actively support and encourage one another
• High levels of internal and external clinical support and supervision both in group and individual spaces to support you with this challenging work.
• Diverse opportunities for career development
• An excellent professional development programme including the development of psychodynamic practice.
• A reflective culture
• Generous Company Pension Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
Own transport (or at least non-reliance on public transport) essential due to location of the School. Amicus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. Applicants will therefore undergo Enhanced DBS checks and Warner interviews as part of our Safer Recruitment Process.
For further information and to apply for this post please contact Rebecca Newton, Strategic & Clinical Director and School Proprietor for further information about the post and to request an application pack by emailing email@example.com or phoning 01243 544107.
Due to the nature of our setting we are unable to offer visits to the site prior to shortlisting. All successful applicants will be offered an opportunity to visit the site ahead of their interview.