Come & Join our ‘Community’ & be Part of Something Special!
At Amicus we provide care & education to vulnerable and traumatised children aged 5 – 16 years.
We are a specialist & innovative independent children’s therapeutic community accredited by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
We are looking for extraordinary, committed & creative individuals who have a passion in working with & supporting our children in a ‘therapeutic community’, working in our residential homes. This is a very challenging, but uniquely rewarding role, with lots of scope for development & progression.
The primary tasks of our Therapeutic Care Practitioners are to;
- provide a nurturing environment for the children
- provide a high standard of professional care and emotional support
- model good therapeutic practice
- support & help children understand & recover from their previous traumas
For this role, we are looking for outstanding individuals who have…
- A passion for wanting to make a difference
- The drive to help support children to achieve & recover from their trauma
- A natural caring, empathic & resilient nature
- An interest in working psychodynamically and therapeutically
…then you could be the individual’s we are looking for!
At Amicus, we offer…
- An enthusiastic and supportive staff team
- Excellent opportunity for personal development and career progression
- Full Induction & extensive ongoing training – Including Level 3 Diploma’s
- High levels of line manager supervision, group & individual clinical supervision
- An excellent professional development of psychodynamic practice
- A supportive, reflective & learning culture
- A fully accredited Therapeutic Community environment
- Generous company pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Introduction Scheme & Staff Events
This is by no means an easy job, but one which requires hard work & perseverance with a determination to make a lasting and meaningful difference in the lives of our children, providing them with opportunity, experiences, learning, warmth & positive outcomes
The role involves shift work and sleep-ins.
Amicus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. Applicants will therefore undergo Enhanced DBS checks and a safeguarding interview as part of our Safer Recruitment process