Salary from £26,000-£28,000 (for term time only working dependent on skills and experience)
Location: Near Arundel, West Sussex
Due to our recent successful Ofsted and approval from the Department for Education to increase our student numbers we are looking for a number of committed and creative individuals who are interested in working within a children’s therapeutic community, supporting traumatised children with emotional and behavioural difficulties in their learning.
The Amicus Community is seeking to appoint dynamic and motivated individuals to make a significant contribution to our school. This is a uniquely rewarding opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge.
If you have…
- Experience teaching therapeutically in a specialist education setting
- Experience of working psychodynamically, integrating a therapeutic model within teaching & learning
- Experience of working with children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, including work with complex trauma
- A passion for wanting to take a leading role in making a difference and in helping children to learn and achieve
…then you could be the person we are looking for!
This is an extremely challenging job, taking ownership for a class group within our therapeutic school to meet the needs of some of the most vulnerable young people in the country. This role will require you to lead from the front, demonstrating hard work and perseverance with a determination to make a lasting and meaningful difference in the lives of young people.
To help you achieve this we offer:
- An enthusiastic and supportive staff team
- A fully accredited Therapeutic Community environment where all staff actively support and encourage one another
- High levels of clinical supervision both in group and individual spaces to support you with this challenging work
- Diverse opportunities for career development
- An excellent professional development programme including the development of psychodynamic practice
Amicus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. Applicants will therefore undergo Enhanced DBS checks and Warner interviews as part of our Safer Recruitment Process. Own transport (or at least non-reliance on public transport) essential due to location of the School. Position to commence from the start of the Summer term 2019 or earlier if applicable.
For further information and to apply for this post please contact Nicky Young, for an application pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org phoning 01243 544107.