Full-time and bank positions available £14,015 – £18,183 (for term time only working dependent on skills and experience)
Location: Near Arundel, West Sussex
Due to our recent successful Ofsted and approval from the Department for Education to increase our student numbers we are looking for a number of committed and creative individuals who are interested in working within a children’s therapeutic community, supporting traumatised children with emotional and behavioural difficulties in their learning.
The Amicus Community is seeking to appoint dynamic and motivated individuals to make a significant contribution to our school. This is a uniquely rewarding opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge.
If you have…
- Experience of working within special needs education
- An interest in working psychodynamically, integrating a therapeutic model within teaching & learning
- A passion for wanting to make a difference and in helping children to learn and achieve
- Experience of supporting learning in the Primary age group (Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2)
…then you could be the person we are looking for!
This is by no means an easy job, but one which requires hard work and perseverance with a determination to make a lasting and meaningful difference in the lives of young people.
The task of the Teaching Assistant role within The Amicus School is to support the high standard of therapeutic education, providing a nurturing environment for the children. This is in accordance with regulatory requirements and our model of therapeutic practice. Extensive training and support will be provided.
- An enthusiastic and supportive staff team
- A fully accredited Therapeutic Community environment where all staff actively support and encourage one another
- High levels of clinical supervision both in group and individual spaces to support you with this challenging work
- Diverse opportunities for career development
- An excellent professional development programme including the development of psychodynamic practice
Hours of work: 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday during term time only (plus In-Service training days). Own transport (or at least non-reliance on public transport) essential due to location of the School. Positions to commence from February 2019. Amicus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. Applicants will therefore undergo Enhanced DBS checks and Warner interviews as part of our Safer Recruitment Process.
For further information and to apply for this post please contact Tom Milson, Headteacher, for an application pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01243 544107. The deadline for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 18th January 2019.