Salary: £14,015 – £16,000 (depending on qualifications and experience)– actual salary for term time working.
At Amicus we provide care & education to traumatised and vulnerable children aged 5 – 16 years. We are a specialist & innovative independent children’s therapeutic community accredited by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
We are looking for extraordinary, dynamic, creative & committed individuals who have a genuine passion in working with & supporting our children in our Special Educational School. The role is to support our children who have experienced barriers to education and learning, providing them with care, nurture, opportunity & experiences, and to break down their learning barriers. The ideal candidate will be motivated and make a significant contribution to our school, as well as the lives of the children.
The primary tasks of our Therapeutic Education Practitioners are to;
- Support the high standard of therapeutic education
- provide a nurturing environment for the children
- create a stimulating & age appropriate learning experience
This is in accordance with regulatory requirements and our model of therapeutic practice.
For this role, we are looking for outstanding individuals who have…
- Experience of working within special needs education
- A natural caring, empathic & resilient nature
- A passion for wanting to make a difference and in helping children to learn and achieve
- Experience of supporting learning in the Primary age group (Foundation, Key Stage 1 & 2)
- An interest in working psychodynamically & integrating a therapeutic model within education
…then you could be that special individual we are looking for!
At Amicus, we offer…
- An enthusiastic and supportive staff team
- Excellent opportunity for personal development and career progression
- Full Induction & extensive ongoing training – Including Diploma’s
- High levels of line manager supervision, group & individual clinical supervision
- An excellent professional development of psychodynamic practice
- A supportive, reflective & learning culture
- A fully accredited Therapeutic Community environment
- Generous company pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Introduction Scheme & Staff Events
This is by no means an easy job, but one which requires hard work & perseverance with a determination to make a lasting and meaningful difference in the lives of our children, providing them with opportunity, experiences, learning, warmth & positive outcomes
Hours of work: 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday during term time only (plus In-Service training days).
Own transport (or at least non-reliance on public transport) essential due to location of the School.
Amicus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. Applicants will therefore undergo Enhanced DBS checks and Warner interviews as part of our Safer Recruitment Process.